Friday 17 February 2012

Roses on my table

I almost forgot to share this with you, just found it on my memory card !

This was my 'card' for Neil this Valentine's day.


It's actually a little tag book ( I think it is called a flag book in America) and was a class I attended with Linda, thanks hon - loved the class and the little book and so did Neil


I added a little pocket to the inside front cover when I got home, as I had bought Neil a magazine subscription as his Valentine gift and I wanted to include the details.


I added a photo of the two of us together in the back, he keeps nagging me for new photos and I can see why when I look at the photo. I was a size 16 here and a full two stones heavier than I am now, I have dropped down to a comfortable 12 and still have a little way to go. Why is it that we don't truly realise how chunky we are until we see a photo of ourselves ?


And a view of all the little tags (or flags)
They have all been decorated with Stampin' Up punches, stamps and die cuts.

The class was fabulous and fun, Linda is such a good teacher and has lots of tips and tricks up her sleeve, she also has oodles of patience. I did behave myself and Anita kind of did - just don't mention the glue !!!


It was also my lovely niece Katie's birthday yesterday, she turned 14  ( happy birthday Katie - love you xxx)


I created the background with Distress inks in Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord. I then spattered on some water and dried with my heat tool before stamping and embossing the images in black.
The sentiment was computer generated.

A second bouquet to share this week, this beautiful bunch of bulbs was given to me by Rose, thankyou so much, they are so bright and cheerful xxx


As I am signing of with a photo of some lovely flowers, I thought I would add a floral quote too.

I'd rather have roses on my table,
Than diamonds on my neck.

Emma Goldman

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! Your tag/flag book is gorgeous! Another great idea I'll have to add to my try-list. And your card for Katie is so cool! Perfect for a 14 year old. Have a fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday wishes Tracey, sorry I missed it ur cards are fab but I love those gorgeous Tulips. Hugs Mad x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved making the tag book too. Glue??? don't know what you mean.
    Beautiful flowers, spring on its way.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased you all enjoyed making the book. looking forward to the next class. considering supplying everyone with overalls!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx