Monday 6 February 2012

Postcard challenge, week 5 - France


I prepared the background of my postcard by rubbing on three shades of distress inks ( old paper, antique linen and frayed burlap) and then spattering with water to create a pied appearance

I stamped the elegant doyenne Madame Berth with black waterproof ink, coloured her with my neocolours and then masked her off to create the frame

The frame was created by using a blending tool to apply milled lavender, dusty concord and fired brick distress inks, which I then over stamped with a black ink using a large backgrounder stamp

I finished the frame with some wavy lines drawn on with a superfine Pitt artist pen.

And the rear of the postcard with a genuine french postage stamp


Sammy has discovered a little about her parents from the documents forwarded to her by Kathy.

Her mood has deteriorated and she is not enjoying France. Her boss is not helping.

The back of the postcard reads :

Kathy
My father - Paul Franks, died in a motorcycle accident before I was born.
My mother disappeared after leaving me at the door of my adoptive parents. 
How could she leave me Kathy ???
I was all she had left, will I ever find her ?
Paris is awful, I hate it!!!
It is expensive, over-rated and dirty !
Carlton's short temper and quiet moods since I confided in him are making me even more miserable !
I would go home, but I don't feel like I belong anywhere !!!
S.

Her handwriting is more erratic as she scratches out the words, her disappointment at drawing a blank with her mother and the mixed feelings of losing a father she never knew are tainting her generally optimistic and sunny nature. There is none of the friendly enquiries regarding her friend Kathy and she has not even mentioned the mysterious Spencer. Will she continue to search for her mother ? Will she put up with her moody boss and all the constant travelling ? Can Kathy help her ?

To see all the other postcards and to find out what this postcard challenge is all about - hop on over to Darcy's blog HERE


Today is also an extra special day as my boy turns sweet 16

Happy birthday Rob - love you son xxx

This is the card I made for him from me and his dad






It's terrifying how quick time flies, a sixteen year old and an 18 year old in the house, it seems only yesterday when the house was cluttered with toy trucks, dolls and nappies.


20 comments:

  1. wow, i would not have thought it was a stamp, it looks sketched lol, great card i love the richness of the border.

    Happy birthday to your boy, time does indeed fly, mine is 24 in 4 months eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background effect with the splattered water. Gosh that is so great. Happy Birthday to your son!!! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and story! Happy Birthday to your boy! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey what a fabulous postcard. I love everything about it.
    Happy birthday to Robbie for yesterday.
    I love the card you made for him.

    Love ya,

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great postcard! I hope Sammy finds the answers she needs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor thing feeling all abandoned. Hope she finds her birth mother. :) The madame on the postcard looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your postcard - it's so wonderfully French! Your son's birthday card is lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderfully rich and sexy postcard. Very French and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous postcard but feeling a bit sad and hoping he will find her! Sniff.
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your postcard, very classy. Belated birthday wishes to Rob, I bet he loved the card. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smashing postcard, love that stamp and how you have used it. Happy Birthday to your son.
    Jen x
    p.s. story so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab postcard Tracey, love Mme Berth stamp, Oh what a sad story !


    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the poor girl, she must be so frustrated...and her boss could be a lot more sympathetic!! I'm sue Kathy will do all she can to help her friend.

    Your card is a masterpiece!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you really explain how yo created your card but could I come over to see how you worked with the distress inks??? Please? :)
    Love your card!!! ♥
    Happy birthday, Rob! Hope you are spoiled today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. another great postcard.A sad story hope her friend helps her out.xxx

    A great card for Rob, hope he had a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super postcard. Love the background you created.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Paris postcard is TO DIE FOR. That stamp is killer and your colors are once again gorgeous...I am having fun being a little voyeur reading all these postcards...what a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Am catching up both with my postcards but also to visit the other participants and yours is so compelling, this is no exception. You really convey the sense of pain and despair at her discovery. I will be eager to see the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx