Sunday 5 February 2012

Go forth

January's ATC's for the swap on our forum

The theme this month was NAUTICAL

Here is my swap


I created the background using the direct to paper technique with several shades of distress ink ( pumice stone, weathered wood, antique linen and frayed burlap) 
I then stamped the vintage maritime map in close to cocoa by Stampin' Up
Horatio was computer generated as was the quote, both were printed onto textured cardstock and inked
The compass was stamped and embossed in gold ink


This was actually my second series of ATC's for this month. Filling in the backs of my original set I was compelled to follow my caprice and move away from the original rather modern looking sailing ships and instead pursued a more historical theme and style.

And here are the swaps we received from our very talented ATC'ers

In no particular order





 Debbie








Thankyou to everyone who has taken part this month, it was fantastic to see the various ways the theme was interpreted. It always amazes me how each swapee manages to excogitate such variety from a single subject.

I am going to add a little spice to the challenge this month

There will be a winner chosen each month from february onwards.
The lucky winner will receive a small RAK from myself, ie a little baggie with some embellishments, just for fun
Also they will get to choose a future months theme
Up to now we have themes on the site up to and including May, so the winner of february's swap will receive a little bag of goodies, 5 yummy ATC's and will choose the winner for the month of June and so on throughout the year

The ATC swap is open to all so if you fancy playing along, the rules and guidelines are 
and the next months swap is HERE

February's theme is LOVE and you must include the colour PINK somewhere on your ATC

If you do take part please have your swaps into the shop by 29th February and you will need to send in a stamped and self addressed envelope for your returned swaps, please check the website for all other details including address and full details of the swap.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Atc's. I love everybody's atc's.
    It's going to be fun, I'm already starting on my love theme.

    Love ya,

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx