Tuesday 31 January 2012

Special events at RWS


I finally received my lovely new neocolours  and could begin on my first class in my Life Book ( the link for this unique course can be found in my sidebar to the right)


My girl was sketched in graphite and painted with neocolours, further shading was added using my polychromos pencils, black and white details are both painted in black acrylic paint


The background was layers of neocolours, acrylic paints, stamping and doodling, the handwriting done with a Pitt Artist journalling pen. I struggled with the superpowers to be honest.  As Neil has been having to put up with me for the last 25 years I thought it idoneous  to ask him what he thought my qualities were. After an initial birr as the cogs began turning ( his pensiveness was making me nervous of the words he was dreaming up) I was touched by the descriptions he did come up with ( wonder what he is after lol)


Throughout february we are celebrating the Running With Scissors 3 year anniversary, 

each week I will be offering three special offers.

This coming week starting on Saturday 4th February

The three offers will be :

1. Make and take Valentines cards event

2. Brand new love themed patterned papers at an introductory price of 79p per sheet for one week only ( they will return to their usual price of 99p per sheet on the 11th Feb)

3. For the full month of February there will be a buy one get one free offer on ALL wooden stamps, ie buy one and get an equal value or cheaper stamp completely free.

Make and Take details

This saturday (4th) is make and take day at the shop, we will be making valentines cards, they can be easily adapted to suit other occasions if you are not feeling romantically inclined.
The event lasts all day 10 am til 4pm, all are welcome, the cost of each card will be £2.50 which will include all you need to make the card, guidance and an envelope, and you can make as many or as few of the cards as you like, there will also be additional kits ready to take away if you would like to purchase extra to complete at home.


PS just in case anyone missed my earlier post regarding my word a day challenge, please do not believe I have been practising neoterism. The hotchpot of odd words that have been popping up in my blog are part of the challenge ( I didn't want any of my regular readers thinking I was any more bonkers than I already was !)

4 comments:

  1. a beautiful painting. great eyes. and you have lots of superpowers..hope patience was mentioned after today!! xxx Have a great Februaryxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, we can get started. And what a start, beautiful!!!!
    Well done on 3 years trading, great shop, great people and great fun.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful paintings, I love the eye lashes!

    3 years already and what fun we have all had.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx