Monday 16 January 2012

Together

I managed to get myself all caught up at work this week and actually prepared a class in advance ( shock horror - this surely cannot last !)

So to reward myself I spent a lovely hour making this scrapbook page for my album.


The background is three layers of paper Tim Holtz, Stampin' Up and Basic Grey, they have been dry-brushed with watered down white acrylic paint, I then swiped on some 'neat' flesh tint acrylic and added bubble wrap circles with titanium buff.

The fancy border below the photo is a nestie border, cut out of black cardstock and rubbed with a bronze coloured wax rub.


I added some metallic mesh behind the double matted photo and swiped the titanium buff over the flowers also, to tone them down and integrate them into the page, the flowers were attached with metallic coloured brads by Tim Holtz.


I finished the page with a title, sub-title and a little computer generated journalling. I like to incorporate wording where I can on my pages, they don't feel complete without !


Next up I have a little sketch catch up

Sketch 365


Saturdays sketch and the final one in the Brian Froud inspired series.


Sundays sketch.
This week I am drawing inspiration from an artist who does a lot of fashion plates, she has a really sassy and fun style, so, for the next 7 sketches Inslee Haynes will be my muse.

This first one is not up to my usual standard, I got fed up with the feet and didn't put as much effort into the dress as I should have, I had a lot on my mind sunday morning and couldn't concentrate, the journalling in my morning journal flowed, sadly the sketching didn't, never the less I wanted to keep up the sketch a day.


A tad better for todays sketch, but still not entirely happy, the face turned out a bit weird and although I was happy with the transparency of the veil ( not the easiest of things to accomplish I have discovered) I really didn't pull this one together as well as I know I can. But I am trying to stay within 15 minutes for my sketch, some of my earlier ones ended up being more like half an hour, so I am really trying hard not to 'overwork' or 'overthink' them.


AJ has been hovering all evening, watching me draw and being incredibly complimentary, I have had several hugs and 'I love you's' which is all very lovely but .....

Being the perspicacious mum that I am, I realise this has more to do with the fact a birthday is looming and there is a Blackberry atop of the list, rather than anything to do with me being in fact anything closely approximating wonderful !

But I am going to take the hugs and enjoy them, they are becoming more and more precious as the kids grow up ( even if it is cupboard love !)


Off to do a little research on Brazil, our next destination on our postcard challenge !

Boa Noite x

2 comments:

  1. I love the layout and sketches Tracey.

    I've been so engrossed at looking at all of my brothers old photos I've forgotten to check the postcard challenge:0/, thanks for the reminder:0).

    I'm going to research too lol.xxx

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad that you've finished with Brian Froud, he is ace. Quite like the next one in your list though.
    Brazil, hummm, coffee, footie, and coffee.
    Will have to do more research, after another coffee, lol.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx