Thursday 5 January 2012

Brave Heart

I created this layout in my lunch break this afternoon ( thats one of the good things about working in a craft shop!)


The photos are of my lovely niece Katie, who has had a particularly hard couple of years, she has bravely to come to terms with being an insulin dependant diabetic, all at the same time as moving up from primary to secondary school and has done so with such maturity, she is such an inspiration ! Hence the title of the page.


The letters are a mix of chipboard painted with crackle paint and glittered stickers.




I added twill ribbon and wound around some rustic looking thread ( it reminded me of the ropes you often see tethering horses)


Lots of distressing, a little shabby painting, flowers and ribbon sliders finish off the page.


I painted the white chippie letters with Tim Holtz crackle paint, allowed them to dry and then rubbed them with Antique Linen distress ink.

It was my Design Team turn on IACW today and I had decided to share a little tutorial with our readers.

At the risk of going off on a little gasconade, this is a good idea for some time saving arty backgrounds, here is what I did with mine.


I layered them up and created backgrounds for my Stampman ATC's this month.


If you would like to read more and see the full tutorial, pop on over to IACW and I will guide you through one of many ways to make a unique masterboard.

The girls have some lovely ideas on there at the moment too, I loved the advent calendars !

I don't have my sketch to share tonight as I have not quite finished it, I had a lovely catch up with Rose today, she kept me company for most of the day and Carol too. So the only thing I made at work was the layout. After work Neil and I visited a close friend who is in hospital, get well soon Kev, we love you xxx

The sketch is half done and paint is drying, it was one of those that I felt needed colour ( you will see why when I can scan it in tomorrow)

Did any of you guess what my blog challenge is this year ? I alluded to it yesterday Anita was on the right track !

I have registered for a word a day on Dictionary.com, so each day the site generates a lesser used word and I add it to my moleskine ( yep I am geeky like that )

Anyhow I thought that as all the words are a little unusual and not in most peoples day to day vocabulary I thought it would be fun to challenge myself and actually add in each word every day in context on my blog.

Therein lies two challenges in one, in order to incorporate the word I must also blog every day !

I bet they stand out like a sore thumb, but I wonder how many of my readers can spot the word each day, at the end of each week ie Sunday I will list the words in my side bar ( no cheating and going to dictionary.com though lol)

Anyway enough waffling on, I have a couple of special projects to finish tonight, so I will love you and leave you.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Tracey. I love all the details you have put into it. So captivating. your ATC's are great too. Master boards are wonderful aren't they? That sounds like a great challenge. I do not know if I could get the time to blog every day. Good luck and have a wonderful day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and great ATCs.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx