Tuesday 8 November 2011

Zero to 18 in 3 seconds flat


What is it about milestone birthdays that make us all stop and think for a moment ? I know I am not alone in that moment of mild panic at the thought of 'x' amount of years disappearing in the blink of an eye.

This week - Sunday 6th November my baby girl turned 18 and it honestly does feel like yesterday since Amy was a baby, all tiny and pink and vulnerable.

I made this card for her from me and her dad


It is a three layered card, in her favourite colours.


The papers I used are from a Tilda paper pad


The verse was downloaded from the internet and printed onto cardstock


I couldn't be prouder of my little girl, she may be as tall as me, enrolled in college and on the cusp of adulthood but she will always be my 'little girl'.

Love you Amy xxx

Yesterday I spent a lovely relaxed day making cards with Linda G, you can visit her website HERE, I have the luxury of two fantastic local Stampin' Up demonstrators ( who also happen to be friends) so I am spoilt for choice.This week we made 5 cards and a cute little cracker.







Talking of Stampin' Up, our next class at the shop with YeeTing is this thursday and I do have spaces if you are interested, please telephone the shop if you would like me to save you a seat, the class is 1.30pm - 3.30pm and is £6.50 Tel : 01472 359158

A big thankyou to Ann who brought me in a couple of bags of yummy alterables to play with and also to Linda for the lovely box which I am going to have loads of fun playing with too.

I will be back tomorrow with photos of the altered book I made Amy for her birthday and the atc's I created for our October RWS swap.



4 comments:

  1. oh amy will just love her card,hun its stunning happy birthday to her too know what you mean about the years hun,love the other cards too just beautiful work hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and stunning card to celebrate Amy's 18th Birthday. Pleased you had a good day yesterday and thank you love Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card for Amy, I like the other cards too:)
    I hope you had a lovely day for Amy's birthday and a lovely weekend.

    Missing you so much,
    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best birthday wishes Amy. A beautiful card for a beautiful person. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx