Wednesday 9 November 2011

Vintage mini

Warning - Photo heavy post

As promised, this is is the Vintage Mini Book I made for Amy for her birthday



The book is made from a gutted hardback novel from the charity shop





The cover has been primed, painted, waxed and sealed



The Tim Holtz flourishes have been embossed with some metallic powder and rubbed with wax





Some pretty Prima trinkets adorn the ends of the ribbons decorating the spine



I have kept each page really simple with lots of blank space for Amy to document this milestone year



There are half pages as well as full pages adding lots of extra space for photos



I used a calendar page, inside the front cover with her birthday highlighted.



I added decorative paper pages



I also included quite a few various sized journalling cards 



Between these next two pages you can see the handstitched pages





All the papers are from a Tilda paper pad and an assortment of oddments I have accumulated



These journalling sheets are from a Making Memories notebook









Of course I had to include at least one japanese inspired page





Amy loved her book and we are planning to fill it together, it will be so special to create this keepsake as mother and daughter  - precious times !



The book is actually a variation of the class I taught last month, the class was a resounding success and I have a waiting list to do it again, so it will be repeated in the new year. So far I have made three of these books and have another two in progress, mini books are a bit of an obsession of mine - love them - in all their various forms and styles.

Next I have the ATC's I made for the RWS October swap, the theme was Buttons and we had to used the colour Ivory



Thankyou to everyone who took part, as always the standard was incredibly high, I have exchanged all the swaps this evening so they will be in the shop as of tomorrow for collection.

This months (November) theme is TREES and the required colour is RUST if you are interested in playing along all the details for the months swap are HERE and the rules and regs for the swaps in general are HERE


While on the subject of ATC's, I won this months swap over on The Stampman site with my Oriental ATC below, woohoooo, thankyou Janet xxx


I received the most beautiful gift today, alas I didn't have my camera with me and after returning home after work and the gym, the light had disappeared completely, I will try and photograph it tomorrow and share it with you all tomorrow, it really is gorgeous and a real honest work of art.


7 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic book and wonderful keepsake.

    Yay!!! About time you won the stampman theme, I am surprised you haven't won before now, your atc was perfect.

    Miss ya,

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great book,a thing to treasure forever, you and Amy will have fun doing it together..well done with your ATC's..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the altered vintage book, the ATCs are just gorgeous and great ATC above as well and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow this is one fantastic vintage book hun just really amazing,love those atcs,too,hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to be 18 and receive such a gorgeous present. Lucky Amy. Well done on winning with your ATC. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What precious moments to share, love the black, white and pink combo. Congrats on your winnings.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning, elegant minibook! Amy is sure to treasure that forever.
    I was quite gutted I missed the minibook class the other Saturday. It would be great to get together and dabble with a topic dear to my heart! (minibooks & grungy, vintage style)I honestly thought it was for 3 weeks times & when I clicked on the website that afternoon the class was already under way :(

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx