Saturday 29 October 2011

Cards, cards and more cards

The cards from todays Christmas card class



We stamped and painted House Mouse.

I had booked the class last minute and had been busy all week ( other commitments, journals, classes, atc swaps that needed posting etc and a little late night jaunt to Sheffield midweek, as well as the usual family and work commitments)

So I made all the cards and did all the class prep and instructions after work last night, a little tighter than I usually like to have my deadlines lol, but it did help me to time the class and at least I knew it would be possible for all my ladies to make the cards in the one day.



We used a vintage image on this one, the gorgeous glittery papers are by Making Memories.




Die cutting and embossing, ink and stickles on this next one



We went for a frosty look on this next card and turned a label into hinges, the snowflake border is by Tim Holtz



And this last DL sized card is actually made from envelopes to create a pocket for gift certificates etc, the lantern is a Marianne Design die



We had a great day, lovely company, lovely relaxed atmosphere and some hearty laughs thrown in for good measure

I have a few thankyous to post tonight

Thankyou to Kate for giving Amy and I a lift home, it saved me catching the bus with all my bags and Cuttlebug  xxx

Thankyou to Carol for the box of chocolates earlier in the week xxx

Thankyou to Anita for the gorgeous crocheted flowers and fabulous stamp xxx

Thankyou to Debbie for the loan of the Christmas stamps xxx

Thankyou to Ann for the great big bag of all things inky, painty and alterable - you have no idea how much fun I am going to have with those - my mind is whirring already xxx

Thankyou to all the ladies who helped Amy and I to clear up tonight, especially Trish, who always sneaks out back and washes up pots, clears the tables by stealth and generally keeps the shop looking less like a bomb site during the classes she comes to xxx


I have had a crazy busy week, but it has been absolutely brilliant, I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends, the hard work and effort is worth every single minute - thankyou all xxx

Friendship is not a big thing - it's a million little things!


8 comments:

  1. it was a great class, a lovely day, what a way to spend a saturday, crafting, good company and a very clever,talented and patience teacher.x

    Thanks Tracey. Look forward to the next one.lolxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow hun these are all just sheer eye candy stunning pieces,hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Tracey. Sounds like you had a great time. Lastminutedot.com looks like a great success.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey these are simply gorgeous, I love all the little details. I wish I lived a bit closer, you would not be able to get rid of me lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gorgeous :) love the little bunting on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards again Tracey, I need the lantern die now I have seen it on a card lol.
    I wish I could have come:( maybe you could make room for a stretcher for me next week :) xxx
    A weeks rest and I may be ok.xxx

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx