Sunday 9 October 2011

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

You might remember I was invited by Darcy recently to join a group of artists in a circle journal ( more on that further down the post), well I decided that each month as I complete my pages and tags in the journal that has landed upon my craft table, that I would also create duplicate pages in a journal for me to keep as a record of each completed months work. Also, I intend to make an altered art item with the same techniques and theme.

So..... here is the project I completed this month, an eight inch MDF frame



The background is a mixture of gesso, various paints, book pages, stencilling, dry-brushing with acrylics and detailing with water soluble crayons.



The script is hand painted and  the quote is the one I used for the journal pages also.



And here is the double journal page, as you can see  - almost identical. I have created two of these double pages, one for Catherine's book and one for mine.



The butterflies have been coated in Tim Holtz Rock Candy Stickles.



And here is Catherine's tag with a second quote, I aim to add inspirational quotes to each of the journals  following a different theme for each recipient. I will also be trying to bear in mind each persons likes and dislikes, I know Catherine loves blue so there is a fair bit of blue in these pages.



And the back of the tag with my details so Catherine knows who the page has been made by.
The tag for my book will contain Catherines details.


I am so excited to be a part of this fabulous circle of friends, they are such an amazingly talented and genuinely lovely group of ladies.  I am thrilled to be getting to know them all better, so, a massive thankyou to Darcy for introducing me to the group xxx


Also this week we have just completed the RWS September ATC swap, the theme this month was hearts and we were required to use the colour red somewhere on our little works of art.



I used Kraft as a base and distressed a playing card for the background, the border stamp is by Stampin' Up, the butterfly is a vinyl sticker that was gifted to me by my lovely friend Helena - thanks hon xxx



The heart is an Inkadinkadoo stamp and the sentiment is also by Stampin' Up.


Thankyou to everyone who took part this month, we have had a very talented new player for the last two months who has been contributing some fabulous ATC's thankyou Debbie for joining us, can't wait to see what you come up with this month. And another thankyou to Su in France who always makes an extra card just for me so I always have one of hers, thankyou xxx

If any of my blog readers would like to join the group, the guidelines are HERE

and this months swap is HERE, the theme for October is BUTTONS and the requisite colour this time round is IVORY.

One last thing before I go, a huge thankyou to Marlene who bought me a gorgeous bouquet of the sunniest flowers this week, they really did chase away the cooling temperatures and gloomy cloud laden sky, thankyou xxx

Oooops I fibbed,  that wasn't the last thing, I have some really, really exciting news to share very soon ( so exciting I almost forgot lol), I promise to share here first, there needs to be some dotting of 'i's' and crossing of 't's' but I promise as soon as they have been done I will let you all know.


6 comments:

  1. such lovely pages in your circle journal, I am sure Catherine will love it.
    I love your frame too.
    Oh! and your Atc's!

    Love ya,

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work!
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a stunning page, shame it's ages before I see it in person! Love that you're doing an altered item to match each page too - such a good idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out well again. Beautiful as always Tracey.
    Can't wait for the i's to be dotted and the t's to be crossed, sounds very exciting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are doing an altered item too, such a great idea. Those ATCs are stunning, well red and black is always a winner for me lol but still they look fabulous. So glad you are on board the travelling journal adventure. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work as always Tracey & such a nice surprise you popping over to me like that, I think those 2 beautiful cards would look nice with my bog roll flowers :) see you soon ar tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx