Thursday 13 October 2011

Putting the Merry into Christmas and the Glue Book

As promised in yesterday's post, here is one of the images I coloured in, adorning my second Christmas card of the year. My first was completed in January, at this rate I will have a grand total of two cards to be sent out this year !


As mentioned previously I have used a super cute House Mouse stamp, these are such a pleasure to colour in. I used Distress Inks as my preferred colouring medium.



The papers are new in my shop and are by Making Memories - sooooooo lush. I have added Stickles to  both the image and the sentiment plates, all edges have been distressed with a Tim Holtz tool and inked with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.



Aren't they adorable ? They remind me of my three when they were little and playing with the boxes and wrappings rather than the gifts.



And yes I have started yet another project,  I really can't help myself. This time I was completely inspired by the supremely talented Jean from the Bluebird Paperie

Jean collects all her scraps and odds and ends, totes them in an amazing little leather travel case and compiles her 'gluebook' on the hop ( well in the car whilst waiting for her daughter at various after school clubs etc)

So here is the beginnings of my 'gluebook'. Although mine is not a travelling gluebook, as my journeys are usually short without any waiting time, it makes more sense for me to complete my pages either in a crop or at home, adding bits and bobs ( more to clear my table and eat into that huge pile of oddments that I just cannot bear to part with)


I am challenging myself to complete the pages without procrastinating and fussing. I am just going to collage all manner of printed material, add a little stamping, flat embellishment and the odd wise word here and there.

The book I am using is the last one in a set of three and is a plain Moleskine journal measuring approximately 8x5 inches, the other two journals are currently works in process also, my Circle journal and my copy of circle journal pages.

So, THANKYOU Jean for the inspiration, what a clever and beautiful way to use up those scraps !

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card and your gluebook are both marvelous. Your coloring of those adorable House "Mouses" is delightful - what a lucky person who will get this card! And your gluebook is gorgeous - I love all the layers, the journaling, beautiful scraps, and I think I spy some paint? You are so kind to mention my blog - I am inspired by your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love the littles mices, meeces, mice, whatever. Love 'em
    Good idea to use scraps of precious paper, will have to check that out.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Blog and beautiful stunning cards.you were my first follower and liker thank you so much.I hope you have had a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards and the gluebook! I haven't even started christmas cards yet, so you're two ahead of me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx