Monday 24 October 2011

Love mini

Some snapshots from the class I taught on saturday.

We made flowers



And added lots of stamping with some lettering and quotes, each of these pages holds a pocket for a tag, I added heart shaped tabs to the top of my tags as my theme was 'love'



Each person chose their own embellishments, stamps, colours and inks, so each book turned out completely unique.


We had a fabulous day, a full class of lovely ladies ( a couple of new faces as well as familiar ones too) resulting in beautiful 'one of a kind'  finished mini books to take home. This was the second sample I made for the class, I wanted to show that it could be used for photos and journalling also.


Of course my photos had to be my favourite subjects



The slide mounts were sanded, inked, embossed and stamped



The papers are all by Melissa Frances



We added texture and dimension with die-cuts, embossing, flowers, ribbon and lace. It is always hard to tell from the photos but the books were quite small, 4 inches square.


I chose to add journalling on my tags, I wanted to document the 'things' my children love right now, I think it will be interesting to look back on in years to come. The backgrounds for these tags were created with masks and a direct to paper inking technique.


 I received a lovely email and couple of text messages from the ladies to say thankyou but honestly I want to thank them for making my saturday such a fun and relaxing day. 

I am busy planning and making cards for this saturdays workshop which is an all day Christmas card workshop, I will be back  in the week with some peeks of the cards we will be making, as always, please telephone the shop if you are interested in a place.

I have also completed a page in my glue book, my circle journal pages and a scrapbook layout this weekend, I will be back tomorrow with a few more pics.

7 comments:

  1. What can I say...I never get tired of your beautiful creations.
    Keep Well, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Tracy, its been a while since I have blogged and ive missed it. I have missed visiting my wonderful blogging friends. Its been great to catch up with everything ive missed, your shop is looking absolutely great hunny with your new flooring. Wish i lived nearer to attend one of your lovely classes! Loving the layout pages, your children look soooo grown up now! I did a class making flowers and the ladies absolutely loved it, so much more satisfaction than just sticking ready made ones on!

    Hope all is well your end now, big hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I love your book it is so inspiring :).
    I Think your letter stamps are gorgeous too I may have to put them on my christmas list.
    Glad you had a good day, I missed you.

    See you soon.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely work Tracey!! Can't choose a favourite part of your book, but I love your 'family' journalling. What a great idea....you always think you will remember things, but this is a great way to make absolutely sure you do! Love the 'made' flowers and the butterfly too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!! Great idea to journal about favourite things. I would need bigger tags. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absoulutely gorgeous! And such a great idea! I'm still terrified of scrapbooking, but this could actually be a way to ease into it. And I think you're right. The kids (and propably their kids too) would love to look back at this in years to come.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. Always a pleasure to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creations each piece is truly inspiring, have to say I have missed coming to your blog there is so much to see. Wish I lived in the UK so I could come to your shop and classes.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx