One of my practice pieces for the up and coming circle journal I am going to be involved in very soon, developed this week into a completed page.
It started out life as an A5 piece of watercolour paper, I spritzed with water, swiped an ink pad over, then stamped with script and used a bottle top to create the circles.
I added splodges and a swipe of gesso down the centre.
I then added several layers of ink in shades of brown and red.
I ran it through the cuttlebug with a Tim Holtz texture plate. And then rubbed with gold wax.
At this stage I thought the piece resembled a pair of old doors, so I cut it down the centre and inked all the edges with walnut stain. I searched the internet for a door quote, and an idea for the rest of the page was formed.
The background was created by sponging on several shades of blue and buff acrylic paint, I added bricks, which were coloured with my neocolours and some stamped script.
I added hinges to the doors (Cuttlebugged labels with shabby embossing powders) and finished the page with a quote painted in black acrylic paint and stamped butterflies which were coloured with copics.