Saturday 23 July 2011

Reflection

I have been dipping my toes in and out of art journalling for a while now ( or should that be dipping my inky fingers)

Jan recently bought me this book, although the publication was intended originally for just journalling, Jan saw it's potential and thought of me.

So here are the first two pages


A few step by steps to illustrate how I came by the finished pages, first was a couple of book pages, adhered to the pages and then gesso applied all over, just leaving the quotes naked.


I then dry brushed on yellow acrylic paint, allowed this to dry and added bright pink acrylic paint in the opposite direction


Both pages were then given a random wash of white acrylic, watered down a little, and then I used a stencil and Peeled paint Distress ink to add the leafy details


I masked off circles and applied Worn Lipstick around the edges to highlight the quotes and loosely around the page, a few black rub-ons were applied around the two pages and then I set to work creating my reflective girl, she was hand-drawn, her skin was coloured with polychromos pencils and her hair is black, white and electric blue acrylic paint.


After I had added the girl and journalled I spattered on some white acrylic and shabbied up the surface in parts with sandpaper
Reflection at the bottom of the right hand page has been handwritten in a black Pitt Artist pen

The quote I used at the top of the page is :

Why should we not calmly and patiently review our own thoughts, and thoroughly examine and see what these appearances in us really are ? - Plato

I am not in love with my handwriting, and at first I wondered if journalling was ever going to make it onto the page, but then I reminded myself that this book is for ME, it doesn't have to be perfect, it doesn't even need to be pretty, it just needs to be whatever I feel or want to create at the time, the pages can be turned and new ones created, I can move on, maybe there are life lessons already emerging after only one session !

Message for Jayne with a 'y' lol, I haven't used any glitter - honest he he, sorry couldn't resist, happy weekend hon xxx

Love and reflections

Tracey xxx

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are exactly write. Journalling is meant to be therapeutic.
    Put whatever artwork, words, quotes, thoughts you like. If you you want to share it that's okay. If you don't that's okay.
    Google Kelly Rae. She is an art therapist quite interesting.
    Big Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Tracey, I would love to have hand writing like yours, it is lovely! And the transformation from the book is amazing! Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey...this is absolutely beautiful. Love your colours...This is going to be such a lovely, perfect book but I wouldn't expect anything less from you as you are so incredibly talented and creative.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right up your street, I know you love journalling. Love the drawing, is there no end t your talents my lovely friend. Love it. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your hand writing should be turned into a True Type Font! I love it! Thanks for sharing the layers, it ends quite differently from how it starts! Beautiful drawing too. Thanks for sharing something that is so personal. It is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very beautiful Tracey. I love it!! I have signed up to the Feel class as I really enjoyed the last KW art journal class. Having probs getting hold of gesso on ebay. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracey I LOVE IT!!!!! It is beautiful, I love the free hand drawing:)

    Nicki.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracey, These pages are beautiful, love the colours and design, nice quotes too, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely lovely - so serene and peaceful and love your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This page inspired me to do a canvas. Here is the link if you want to pop over and see...

    http://bellasscrappinspace.blogspot.com/2011/07/pink-and-turquoise-creation-for-simon.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracey, I really love your blog and now I am your new follower. You have a lovely shop too and what an awesome colours you used for all your work it is so soothing and pastel lovely indeed and you are very beautiful lady! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so, SO beautiful!!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx