Wednesday 20 July 2011

Happy Birthday Mum

It is my mum's birthday today - happy birthday Mum, love you xxx

This is the card I made for her


I was inspired by a card Bonnie made as a sample for the shop, I obviously did my own thing but, Bonnie's card was definitely a spring board for my own design, thankyou Bonnie xxx I really think Bonnie ought to have her own blog, she is so fun and full of life and so very talented to boot !, you would all love her almost as much as I do.


I used pearlescent paper and card throughout, Nestablities, Marianne design butterfly and flower dies.


This next card was the one I taught in class this week, a little bit of painting with Distress inks, the papers are by Bo Bunny and the stamp is one by Mo Manning, I have just a couple left in the shop they are moving like wild fire.


I love this one because the boy reminds me so much of my AJ, even his hair and skinny legs are the same - too cute !!!! I honestly think hospitals will be full of thumb joint replacements instead of knee and hip replacements when his generation reach their old age, most kids are permanently attached to handheld games or texting ! I thank my lucky stars that my boys are good old fashioned outdoor types, AJ spends a lot of time out in the park playing and loves his bike and skateboard, Robbie is also out and about, playing football and has taken up golf again, although he does give his thumbs a thorough workout too lol


Messing about with Anita on tuesday we decided to quickly put a card together with some christmas papers, using the same design as the card above that I had taught in the morning, I threw this second card together in about 10 minutes.

Note to customers, all last years christmas papers are reduced by at least 50%, to make room for all the new supplies coming into the shop over the coming weeks, so grab yourself a bargain if you are one of those already thinking of christmas !


Jan brought me in this fantastic journal today, thankyou so much Jan, I love it, it is quite big and has loads of pages, each with a quote. I have just read the forward and it is intended for straight forward journalling, an emptying of the head in the morning. I love this concept and to be honest mine won't take long to empty ! But me being me, I have decided to art journal so the pages will be decorated too, I don't think I will stick to a set premise, I am just going to go with the flow - whatever takes my fancy.

So, thankyou so much Jan this was such a truly thoughtful gift and I promise to share my progress with you xxx


As I mentioned each and every page also contains a quote, this I love, here is one that stood out as I flicked through the book :

Creativity lies not in the done but in the doing.
 So very apt !!!


Finally I received this supercute little canvas bag from Nicki, it housed a yummy block of handmade soap which smells divine. Thankyou honey xxx


I am obviously using the deliciousness of the soap in the bath, far too lush and fragrant to leave in the bag and I wondered what to do with the suddenly bereft bag.

Lightbulb moment thus ensued as I realised it was perfect ATC size, so now I have it dangling in a little corner of my recently tidied craft space, housing my latest set of ATC's all ready and awaiting their swap.


The question is to alter or not to alter !!!!!!!!!

I keep thinking it needs a little crocheted flower and maybe a sweet button or two - what do you think ? Should I pretty it up further or leave well alone ?????

Love and little cotton bags
Tracey
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Tracy , happy birthday to your mum, just so happens to be mine to today ! Your mums card is fabulous, such intricate details and so feminine we do like girlythings us Cancerians ! Leave the bag alone ! no don't it's crying out for a new look.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards as always,your mum will love hers. The bag is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy your Mums card is just so beautiful and so elegant I just love the dies you have used so perfect!!!

    The other cards are just great too love the boy card as I always need some inspiration there!!! the bag is just calling out the be altered so go for it girl and dont forget the pictures!!

    Have a great weekend Love Chanelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card for a special mum:).

    I love the class card too, and I think you should alter the bag, I can't wait to see the finished product.

    Love ya,

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a pleasure to come to view your work.
    Your project is stunning!!

    Lila.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx