Tuesday 12 August 2014

Wedding book

Hello

It's been an utterly dreadful weekend

My youngest son lost one of his best friends in truly tragic circumstances on saturday and to be honest my mind can't settle on anything other than the all consuming sadness that must have fallen on the poor souls family

14 is too young to be taken - full stop

Rest in peace Will, you are very much loved by all who knew you and you will be missed every single day xxx

I do have something crafty to share tonight 

I made this book for my mum and dad to give as a wedding present, the couple have had a house together for a while and mum was stuck for something 'different' to get them

There are four pages in total with eight sides decorated and the book has been cut out of heavy chipboard and covered with Bo Bunny papers, all the edges have been inked with chalk ink


The front cover - I heat embossed a die cut clock face and used antiquing wax to tone down the colours


Inside front cover - I added some photo mats and kept them blank so the girls can add a couple of their own favourite photos to the book


Page 1 - Die cut hearts are Nellie Snellen, chipboard letter are Tim Holtz and flowers are K and Co


Page 1 (back) I kept all the colours similar throughout the book and kept decoration quite minimal as it is already quite a 'chunky' book


Page 2 - I 'borrowed' a couple of photos from the girls' facebook pages so as to keep the whole thing a secret


Page 2 (back) - The chipboard flourishes and flowers are by K and Co


Final page - the girls names are created with Tim Holtz die cut letters and the quote is a stamp


And the back of the final page with another stamped quote


This book is also my entry into the RWS monthly 'Take three things' challenge
You can catch up with what everyone else has been up to on the shop website HERE

Love and angels

Tracey
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx