Tuesday 5 February 2013

Vintage charm and Neil's before and afters

First up I have a little easel card I put together quickly yesterday



I used Melissa Frances papers and an image by Marianne Design - all available at Running With Scissors.


The sentiment stamp is by Stampin' Up as is the punch I used to shape it, everything is inked in Malted Mauve chalk ink.
The border punch is by Martha Stewart.
 The gorgeous crinkly ribbon was a gift from my dear friend Margaret.

Speaking of whom, these next pics are for you Margaret lol

Only kidding, I am going to share Neil's before and after pics too, he did the full Insanity programme with me, supporting me and keeping me company. I did get his permission to put these on here.










Neil didn't have as much weight to lose as me but he did lose a few pounds and quite a few inches too, he generally got much leaner and was aiming more for definition and cardio conditioning - both of which he achieved.

I am so proud of him, as my friends and family know, Neil struggles due to his illness and to complete this programme with very little balance and total numbness absolutely amazes me - he truly did inspire me to keep going.

Thanks Neil, love you and so very proud of you, I am so happy we shared this experience xxx

Lastly thankyou so much for everyones really lovely comments yesterday, I was worried about sharing the photos but you all made me feel much happier about it, thanks for the support xxx






3 comments:

  1. Wow Neil, I commend you on your efforts, it is hard enough to do without having an illness to cope with as well. I especially like the new look you in the first photo as this is where you can see the most results from all your hard work in the before and after. As an artist I also think the last photo would be beautiful to draw as those muscles are so nicely defined. (like Michael Angelo's David)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have made an old lady smile..lol....brings back memories of men I use to know many many years ago.....Well done Neil, great achievement. great muscles.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wit woo Neil x haha just joking kid did good

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx