Wednesday 18 March 2015

Retirement card and a quick catch up

Good morning friends, crafting and non crafting

You may remember I made a black and white box card for a lovely friend of ours to give to her husband on his retirement, Neil and I were invited to the retirement 'do' at the Ashborne a couple of weeks ago  and this is the card I created for Steve

We had a fabulous night, super delish food, brilliant music and a fantastic atmosphere, we caught up with a few other couples who we haven't seen in a while and made some new friends too.

So thankyou Steve and Di for inviting us to share in your special celebration xxx


The card was made using all Stampin' Up stamps and inks, the ribbon used to be in my shop but it is so versatile for masculine designs, I grabbed a couple of meters before I sold off all the stock

Talking of which I haven't mentioned it on here yet, but if anyone is interested, my lovely friend Jan was the lady who bought the stock, she took the whole lot, lock, stock and barrel and is selling it from her home

Jan did me an enormous favour as it meant I could shut up and leave the shop without the hassle of going through the obligatory closing down sale

I know Jan did this for my benefit and I will never be able to repay her kindness, but I can help advertise that she has lots of stuff at her house if anyone would like to pop along and grab a bargain

You can find Jan through her blog HERE

And a quick round up of events in the last couple of weeks

I am trying to keep up with the emails and messages but do still have a couple to reply to, so if you have messaged me and I have yet to respond, please don't think I am ignoring you or that I have already upped sticks

Last week was superbusy, I had a fabulous 'ladies that lunch' afternoon on tuesday, with the tuesday girls, we all met in a local pub/restaurant and had a gorgeous meal,  lots and lots of chatting, catching up and of course girlie giggles

We were busy doing another stint in the attic on wednesday with another 8 black bin bags finding their way to the tip and another 3 large bags being donated to our local hospice shop, I am starting to see a little progress now and the whole decluttering is not quite so daunting

I am loving my new voluntary job on thurdays, I work with some real characters and am kept incredibly busy ( and out of mischief!)

Of course Mothers day at the weekend meant another meal out - yum yum, thankyou Neil and thankyou to the kids, love you all so much xxx

Lots of other things happening at home already this week but nothing I can share on here just yet, maybe in a few days when things have settled down and the dust has settled

Regarding 'the move', things are progressing nicely, we are grateful the process is taking longer than the four weeks our buyers insisted on at the beginning. As per usual, the solicitors are toing and froing at their own pace, which suits me just fine as I rustle about in the eaves digging out trash and treasures

Love and attic adventures

Tracey
xxx

3 comments:

  1. beautiful card, as ever! Love both of those massive stamps.
    Thank you for mentioning me - just to add, I would love to see anyone from RWS - come for coffee, come for a browse. If you're not one for messaging people on their blogs, you could ask Tracey for my email, or find me on Facebook (Jan Williams)
    Glad everything is going well
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site can give great advantages to advertiser for a product promotion.
    __________________________
    Scarlett Johansson HD Wallpaper 2015

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas, i was looking for such article for many days...
    ___________
    bloom tattoos

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx