Monday, 28 October 2013

Japanese Stab Binding

Yet again  I find myself apologising for another week slipping past

I am sorry

Life just does seem to get in the way sometimes

Tonight I have a little project to share with you that was inspired by my good friends Anita, Margaret and Jan

They have all signed up for a local book making course

I didn't want to take part in the course for numerous reasons, 
ie  time - 
I like having my evenings at home with the hubby and kiddos - yeah... boring and old fashioned -  I know
 I like learning stuff on you tube for free !
and lastly I don't enjoy being confined to a timescale, I prefer to do things in my own time, as quick or as slow as I like ( more slow at the moment though lol)

So... the girls told me what their first project was  - stab binding !!!!
 And this is my version ( learnt via you tube)


I made the book base from chipboard I had left over from a previous book and all the papers were a gift from June, so the whole project was very frugal


The covers were chipboard wrapped in handmade paper ( gifted from June)

The pages were handmade paper ( also gifted from June)


I used odds and ends from my stash to decorate the front cover, lovely mother of pearls buttons from my special friend and mum number two Beryl
Seed beads which I have had in my little hoard of crafty goodies for ever !
Mulberry paper from my dear friend Ann and a chippie heart which I painted with acrylics


And finally the back of the book which shows off the finishing of the binding.

I am so pleased with my cute little frugal book which took me all of two hours to make.
 I might have to expand my horizons a little and play some more with book binding, pages and background techniques - just don't hold your breath for an update !


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the shabby chic look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get immigration from one country to another, you can fill up an online visa enquiry to solve all your problems related to the immigration sector. We, at Immigration Overseas provide all the immigration services through online mode. You can enquire about visa, renewal of visa, migration activities, eligibility etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx