Tuesday 6 September 2011

Teeny tiny treasures

A teeny tiny mini book made from envelopes.
I am planning on this as a class so if you are local and interested, let me know and I will sort out some dates. 

 The front cover


I used gorgeous Melissa Frances papers throughout. 


Half of the 'pages' have little pockets for tags.


Some of the words have been stamped others are stickers.


All the slide mounts have been sanded stamped and inked.



The pages are all only 4 inches in size so all the details are tiny. I adore working in miniature, my natural crafting size is 12 x 12 inches as I am predominantly a scrapbooker so I find it really fun to shrink everything down to suit a much smaller scale.


The butterfly is a little wooden laser cut which I have coloured with chalk ink.


All the pages have been inked with Sahara Sand chalk ink by Versamagic


There are 5 envelopes in total which provides 10 sides to decorate.


The  flourish design on this page was already on the patterned paper, I just highlighted the lovely curve with some liquid pearls.


This gorgeous leaf is a Marianne design die, the tag shape is also Marianne and the ribbon was a gift from Anita


And here it is all finished.

The boys both go back to school tomorrow. It will be AJ's first day at the academy. It is going to be a wrench, for me, not him, the boy is all good, but mummy is in bits. They grow up too fast !

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey....this is absolutely beautiful. I would love to have a go at making this gorgeous little book.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, I haven't stopped by over at your blog for so long and my jaw is dropping looking at all those beautiful entries. Can't comment on every entry but this will do. All of your cards, page, art journal are just awesome awesome. Love love love love love love all of them! I am totally blown away and great colours used, great embellishments put together and perfect combination for all. I know I will keep on visiting you and thanks for sharing your wonderful creations! Cheers and Hugs, Yuzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft colours you work with, I find them very inspiring. Great mini book. Wish I lived a continent closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Tracey, as always. Amazing, things that can be done with an envelope.
    Good luck to AJ in his new school.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful work!!

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!!

    I love the book,it is even better to touch :)

    I would love a class on this book.

    Love ya lots,

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx