Sunday 15 May 2011

Leica Likey

It is my Mother-in-law's birthday next week and Neil really liked the card I shared with you a couple of days ago, so he asked me to make a similar design for his mum, this is what I came up with. I used my new Marianne birdcage die which I bought whilst I was out with my friends Anita and Nicki last sunday.
I used Basic Grey papers, punches by EK Success and Martha Stewart, I inked all edges with Sahara Sand ink by Versamagic and the sentiment is a stamp by Stampin' Up


These next couple of photos are of some of the new shelves housing some of the new cardstock we have introduced to the shop during the refurbishment, these are mainly for you Chanelle, there will be more to follow next week.




Today was spent completing the usual weekend tasks, washing ironing housework etc, I also enjoyed a few hours weeding and tidying the garden, the lawn needed mowing and there was a few areas in dire need of a little attention. After which I managed to squeeze in a little baking before the sunday roast needed seeing to.




I was delighted with how the brownies turned out. It is at this point I have a secret to reveal - shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone, but I have magic powers. You see the photos, they are evidence that I did indeed bake a large batch of brownies, but they vanished - into thin air - never to be seen again !!! See, told you I was magic, there is not even a crumb left now to suggest they ever existed !


Finally ( if you are still here with me lol). My last few photos are from my newly tidy garden. Neil has bought me a fab new camera so all the photos on this blog post were experiments with my new toy. I am now the proud owner of a Leica D Lux 3. I am still trying to figure most of it out and to be honest all these photos were taken in auto mode but I am determined to learn a lot more about aperture and shutter speed etc, so if any of you have some tips I would be really grateful.






Hope you have all had a happy and restful weekend xxx

16 comments:

  1. oh gosh... what a beautiful card!!! I so love these bird cages!!!! love the color combo of this card so much!
    and then... oh my.... what a lovely vieuw.... I mean all those pp and cardstock racks....yummie colors.
    Those brownies looks soooo delicious!!!!!! gosh... you really get a lot done today!
    Bog congrats on your new camera... the photo's of your garden are simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy do I know how to make brownies disappear too! My best trick in the book! I love your Friendship ATCs, they look really stunning. I am going to try for the June ATC swap as post from South Africa is REALLY slow. I saw on the Stamp Man Blog that you got one of mine with the bird theme, I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, WoW that's a totally gorgeous card, love all the subtle colours and all the beautiful little details. Your shop looks wonderful, too far for me but if I ever come up I'll be calling in. Brownies mmmmmmmmmmm fabulous and that beautiful camera, lucky you, 'fraid I knew once about shutter speeds and all thingies like that but have forgotten it all. Get rusty if you don't use it:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I can help with cameras and apertures and shutter speeds etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy lady. Love all the colours you are having on your new shelves.
    Great card, and love the layers - and that's a really sweet birdcage - gonna have to look out for that one me thinks.
    Looks like you have got a fab new camera - trouble is it takes pics and then makes the real thing disappear, very strange.
    Good weekend thanks - looks like you did too.
    luv and hugs brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your MIL will love the card its just so beautiful!!

    Thanks for the pictures can see there was a lot of thought in these new shelves they really do show off your papers so beautifully.

    You have already done such a superb job can't wait to see more!!

    How talented these brownies well how yummy do they look no wonder they have vanished!!

    Well done with the camera your photos are just fabulous!

    Love Chanelle xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous garden photos - lovely cake - yum yum! Now did I come on here to comment on your card - YES - and it is beautiful - as I have come to expect from you. I do admire your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow hun that card is just stunning,like everything you do and as for those brownies,oh no wonder they disapeared lol oh they look good,love the new camera too hun wonderful photos hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A yummy post in more ways than one. Love your ever so feminine card. gorgeous as always. Your photography is always superb. The only thing wrong is I couldn't grab those brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where's mine!!!! I love brownies, lol.
    Lovely pics of your garden, pretty flowers.
    Great pics of the shop too, scrummy stuff.
    Anita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally stunning as always Tracey - Love your choice of colour and wow the bird cage looks fab!
    cant wait to visit the shop in July when I venture your way for the Claxby retreat - gardening and brownies too - no end to your talents they look yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful, the colours are fantastic. Great pictures with your new camera. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers photos are beautiful, lucky you to get such a fab camera. Love the card with the bird and cage, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fab post!

    The card is lovely omg!! All of those beautiful papers to sit and stroke all day long, how lucky are you???

    As for the brownies I hope you saved one for me:).

    Your flowers look beautiful too. You have inspired me to do some gardening.

    Love your camera too.

    See you soon.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The birdcage card is sooo elegant. Great photos with the Leica. Your shop looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow totally stunning photos are beautiful
    I hope you have the time to go visite me!!!

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx