I am really enjoying having the time to scrapbook again.
I love these photos of Rob, I was just trying settings out on my camera and captured quite a cheeky glance in one of them.The Grungeboard wings and label were painted in Antiqued Bronze Crackle paint by Tim Holtz, when it was dry I used two shades of ink to add variant colours in the cracks.
For the two smaller photos I made a couple of slidemounts from cardstock, they were embossed through the cuttlebug and then rubbed with coloured wax to highlight in a two-tone fashion, helping to pull all the colours together.
I used sequin waste for some added texture and both patterned papers were handmade. The white one was simply swiped with a little ink and then stamped with script. The blue paper is several layers of inking, firstly with sponges and then using the direct to paper technique, I added some details with some dots using one of my all-time favourite background stamps. Finally I masked off a central square and deepened the colour of the edges to create a faux frame.
This is the paper just before I used the masking technique. It was originally pure white.
This afternoon, after blitzing the house and walking Snowy I decided to have a breather and make a card. I used one of my spare ATC's from last week.
The stamp is one by Crafty Individuals, the text paper is a book page and the wood effect paper is by Bo Bunny, sentiment is one by Stampin' Up.
The flowers are all a mix from my stash, the white ones are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the coloured ones are by Hero Arts, leaves are from Hobbycraft.
I am in love with my sewing machine once again, thanks to my wonderful friend Anita who has got it up and running again after a long languish in my wardrobe. So I added a little stitching to this card for some added texture.
Also this week I have been Zentangling, these are the three I have completed so far.
The first two are considerably smaller than my original ones and more like the official Zentangles, ie fitting within a 3.5 inch square and containing a 'string.
This last one is lightly larger and was inspired by an ear of corn I had just seen on a tv advert.
Finally I have a couple of photos of the shop progress to share with my friends and customers - the concrete has all gone in now and the floor is more level than it has ever been, we are just waiting for it to dry thoroughly and then an extra layer of special screed will go down in preparation for the new flooring.
And we also took delivery of the new external door for the back of the shop and the internal doors, also the new kitchen units, it is so good to finally see progress being made.